主頁 我們的業務 我們的服務 電子商務 中海新聞 聯繫我們 航班資訊 人才誠聘 English Version

 

China Shipping to set up shipping agency in Israel

 

CHINESE shipping giant China Shipping Group will set up a shipping agency in Israel with its present local agent, Intermaritime. China Shipping signed an agreement last month with Intermaritime's parent company Allaluf. Israeli trade portal Port2Port reported that China Shipping Agency (Israel) Co. will begin operations at the end of 2005.

The deal is expected to increase the China Shipping Group's market share in Israel.

"The decision to set up its own agency is in line with the company's strategic decision to widen its involvement in the Israeli market," the portal said.

In August, China Shipping launched its Israeli MediterraneanAMAX Service at the Port of Haifa. "The arrival of the vessel marked the company's first round the world service, linking ports in the Far East with Israel and from Israel through South European ports to the east coast of the USA," the report said.

China Shipping Group will hold 60 per cent of the new agency while Allaluf will control the remaining 40 per cent share.

China Shipping Group is the sixth largest container shipping company in the world in terms of operating capacity. The company has 132 vessels with a total capacity over 318,000 TEU.

Sept. 9, 2005